One of my most favourite people on the internet is Pranita Kocharekar. She is a lovely, talented and wonderful woman. Her posts are something I always look out for because they have something pleasing and new for me to know.
In her latest post (as I write this), she asked a question to all her followers: What really is comfort?
That set me thinking deeply. I decided to write a blog post on what comfort means to me, in the form of a listicle!
What Does Comfort Mean To Me?
- Quiet time early in the mornings where I can focus on my breathing.
- A clean and orderly space. A space that is filled with things that I love. Things that make me smile and feel at peace.
- My soft home slippers which give my feet the much-needed love.
- A warm blanket or a quilt on a chilly day.
- My playlist of feel-good music that can cheer me up instantly on any given day.
- Wearing loose and faded t-shirts at home. They are the ultimate comfort.
- Sprawling on the bed or sofa and getting lost in an interesting book. How time flies!
- Sleeping with the realisation that I don’t need to wake up earlier the next day. (The joy of having no alarm is something that cannot be described, isn’t it?)
- Mom’s food. Nothing can beat that.
- A head massage with homemade, fragrant oil. Pure bliss.
- Spending an evening with paints and calligraphy pens, and exploring my creativity.
- Having meaningful conversations.
- Writing uninterruptedly.
- A day-off from my phone.
- Long drives with blissful music playing in the background.
- Home food after returning from a vacation.
- The gentle pattering of rains.
- Tending to plants and watching them grow. One of the most beautiful sights.
- A glass of freshly-made lemon juice after a long and tiring walk.
- A cup of warm tea or coffee any given time (tea/coffee lovers, you’ll know!)
- Spending time with my best friends.
- Re-watching my favourite TV shows.
- Whiling away time doing nothing.
A question for you: What does comfort mean to you?
Let me know in the comments!
Until next time, stay blessed!